Monday, February 27, 2012

TV Addiction

Guest post of the week by Nestor Nielsen

Ever since I got my Directv connected through expertsatellite, I have been addicted to the National Geographic Channel. I know it’s dorky, but some of their shows are so interesting! Today I got sucked into a marathon about mafias in different cities. I initially got sucked in watching one about Miami, since that is where I’m from originally. I had no idea things were so bad there in the 1980’s. I was a little kid then, so I guess I was too young to realize that the drug trade was so robust and violent. It was pretty cool seeing how much drug money affected life in South Florida, and how much control the cartels had. After that was over, another show came on about the mob in Philadelphia. Then two more shows about gangsters in New York’s Chinatown, and then Russian mobsters in Brooklyn. After that I knew I had to do something to get off of the couch. It was really hard, but I managed to pull myself away and go for a run with my dog. If it wasn’t for him I probably would have sat there for another few hours!

No comments: