Thursday, March 29, 2012

High School Reunion

Thanks for the post from Barney Crosby

I am a geek, and proud of it. I have always been the type of person that enjoys school and learning, and I have never been embarrassed about it. Kids in school used to tease me when I was young, but it never bothered me. I never felt the need to be cool, and I knew that one day I would find my place. My mom always told me that the cool kids in school would end up being losers, and she was right. I went back for my ten year high school reunion last week, and the most popular kids hadn’t done anything with their lives. I have a great job working for Clear Internet, so I was proud to tell everyone what I was up to. I think that some of the people were shocked to see that I turned out pretty normal. It was good to see some of my old friends, but for the most part I could have done without the reunion. I thought it would be more fun than it was seeing everyone.

No comments: