Friday, June 29, 2012

My Elephants

Did you guys know that I love elephants? At last count, I have about 350 elephants in my home.  Some are figurines. Some are pictures.  Some are stuffed animals. Four are wind chimes. A few are planters.  I even have an elephant shower curtain in my bathroom.  Whenever someone comes to my house for the first time they always comment on my elephants.

I have been thinking lately that I need to display my favorites in a special way.  Right now, my figurines are on my bookshelves and on a shelf that I made that hangs in my hallway.  I wish I could afford glass showcases for them, but I think that might be a little over the top. I might just rearrange the furniture in my living room so that my bookshelves are in a more visible area, therefore making my elephants more visible. 


One of my favorites is a ceramic baby elephant with a blue ribbon around it's neck.  My mom gave it to me for my birthday one year when I first started collecting elephants.  I also have a pair of elephants with big, beautiful eyes that a coworker gave me years ago for no reason at all.  She just knew that I loved elephants. My brother got me one from somewhere overseas when he was in the Air Force, and that one is special to me too.  

Are any of you collectors? if so, what do you collect and how do you have your collection displayed in your home?

No comments: