Friday, November 28, 2008

Fun With Sand

A couple of weeks ago I found the neatest craft on Kristin's blog, so a few days ago me and the kids attempted to try it. We had so much fun! We made sand sculptures. Here are some of our creations.

I made this elephant, because, well, we all knew I would attempt to make one.

Kasi made this elephant.

Brandi made this one. Right now it is just a head, because the body fell apart. She waiting a long time to make this, and the sand wasn't very sticky at that point, so it didn't stay together too good.

Ryan says this is an elephant, but it looks more like a toilet to me! lol!

Ryan made this bowl, and I love it!

This is Kasi's little martian person.

This is Brandi's little smiley face.

You all know I am obsessed with ornaments for my tree, and every year I make some with my kids names on them. I already made one set this year (here) but couldn't resist making these. I formed the sand dough around the ribbon, so it should hold.



if you want to make some, the recipe is here on Kristin's blog. She always has lots of rafty ideas, so make sure you browse her whole site.

No comments: