A couple of weeks ago, I let Kasi cut my hair. I had so many split ends, when I washed my hair the ends just completely frizzed out. My hair is all one length, so she just needed to trim the dead ends away. Turns out, she had to cut off several inches because my hair was so damaged. It was own fault, really, because it's been at least a year since I've had it cut. Washing and blow drying it every day (and some days more than once) really takes a toll on it. Most days, I wear my hair in a pony tail, because the van I drive all day has issues with it's air conditioning, so I drive with the windows down, which causes my hair to blow all over the place. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the cooler weather coming so that I can leave my hair down occasionally.
I recently, as in a few minutes ago, learned of a product called TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo. Basically, you put it on your hair when it is dry instead of washing it, and it helps to keep your hair looking and feeling fresh by absorbing excess oils and odor. Check out this video of Julia Allison, showing how to use it. (make sure you enter to win the $500 Target gift card, too!)
For best results, follow these tips while using it:
- Do shake vigorously before use and in between spray bursts for best results.
- Do lift sections of dry hair and spray lightly at roots
- Do spray in short bursts, holding 8-12 inches from head
- Don’t spray it like hair spray (all over and continuously)
- Do leave in for 1-2 minutes.
- Do use fingertips or a brush to distribute product evenly
- If clogging occurs, remove nozzle and rinse the nozzle under warm water, then reattach.
Let me know if you try this, and what your results were. I really am curious as to how well it works.