Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Who Knew?

I learned something today.  Some of you might find that shocking, as I pretend to know everything most of the time.  Just kidding.  I don't know everything.  Yet.

Today, I learned that the pants that people wear while riding a horse are called jodhpurs.  I am not even sure how to pronounce it, but they are cute.  I had no idea that you needed all kinds of things to ride a horse.  I just assumed that all you needed was a good pair of jeans and strong leg muscles.  The only time I have been on a horse was when I was little and a park we used to go to offered rides.  I have never been on a horse as an adult.

I have heard that riding can be good therapy.  They say that grooming a horse can be relaxing as well.  I am sure you all know that I am trying to find ways to relax and release some of the tension in my life.  It seems like no matter what I try, I can not seem to get rid of this huge weight that I am carrying around on my shoulders.  The good news is that I have a job interview this Friday, and I think once I am working again, I will feel better.  Part of my stress comes from knowing that my husband is giving me way more money than he can afford to, making sure the kids and I are taken care of.  I want to be able to take some of that burden off of him, and provide for my family as well. 

Now I just need to find someone who has a horse who would be willing to let me ride it.  Thankfully, living in South Carolina, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.  I see horses everywhere.

No comments: