Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Get Organized, Or Sleep?

 The kids are back in school.  Yesterday was their first day, and I will admit to doing a little happy dance once they were on the bus.  The I took my lazy butt back to bed.  It was so nice to sleep in a quiet house, with no arguing and fighting.

I want to get this house organized in the next few weeks.  When the kids are home during the summer, I find it's a losing battle to keep the house clean.  Now that I am home alone during the day, I can crank up my music and get things done.  The first thing on my list is cleaning the girls room.  They have so much stuff in there.  It's not trash, but it's also not stuff they play with every day.  There are totes of clothes that Kasi has outgrown that I am saving for Brandi.  There are boxes of collectibles, like Barbies and Precious Moments, that we have no room to display.  Even though we have a storage building (that is filled with Junior's tool and stuff) in the yard, I am still thinking about renting a self storage building.  I would use Self Storage Milton Keynes, but they are a little far from where I live.  I need something close, and cheap.

Maybe then, I can get all the totes and boxes out of their room, and finally get it organized.  Or at least that is what I am hoping.  I may just spend the next two weeks enjoying the quiet by sleeping in and watching movies.  We'll see.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Enjoy some time to yourself!! You deserve to! :)