Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Healthy Snacks For Brandi

We are starting our second week of school, and the kids are adjusting well.  I know it will take a couple of weeks to get back into our routine completely, so I have tried to have a lot of patience.  Having things ready the night before helps the mornings run smoothly, so I try and have book bags packed, lunches made, and clothes laid out before the kids go to bed.  There is nothing more frustrating than finding out ten minutes before the bus comes that one of the kids doesn't have any clean socks.

My youngest is in third grade now, and I was hoping that I wouldn't have to worry about sending a snack with her for during the day.  The first couple of days, the teacher said no snacks, but eventually she changed her mind.  I don't like sending snacks like chips and cookies though.  I prefer Brandi take fruit or a granola bar.  The only downside to this is that healthy snacks can get expensive.  I have though about buying healthy snacks online, but I am not sure what she will eat.  I found a coupon for Glennys , where I can get 15% off all natural 100 calorie brownies.  I am not sure I would send them with Brandi to school, but I am pretty sure I would like them. 

I mean, they're chocolate, right?

No comments: