Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Trick Or Treat, Twitter Style

Halloween is just a few weeks away, and preparations are in full swing at our house. As I have mentioned before, we celebrate Ryan's birthday with a big Halloween party. Add that to all the candy the kids get when they actually trick or treat, and we are swimming in not so healthy junk food. I am seriously thinking of filling the party pinata with fruit snacks and crackers instead of chocolate and gummie candies. I was also reading about these pretty cool little shelf stable milks that can be given out to trick or treaters, and it's all part of Trick Or Treat Me, a program geared towards keeping kids healthy. That link also leads you to a bunch of cute lunch ideas for kids from Robin Miller.

On a somewhat related note, you can also help Tetra Pak make a $30,000 donation to the World Wildlife Fund by playing Trick Or Treat Me on Twitter. All you have to do is send a "trick" or a "treat" to a friend on Twitter, and for each Tweet you send, Tetra Pak will donate $.10, until they reach their $30,000 goal. I am not a big Tweeter. I haven't really taken the time to learn about it, so I am still pretty confused about the whole thing. But, sending these trick or treats is relatively easy, so I am pretty sure even someone like me can do it.

So tell me...do you deserve a trick or a treat?
Post?slot_id=64882&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: