Friday, October 23, 2009

Who's Hosting Your Blog?

I made the decision several months ago to change this blog from a free domain name to a dot com. I had to do a lot of research before hand, because I was not sure what that entailed. Luckily I had a very good friend help me make the switch. She walked me through all the steps necessary to redirect my traffic, and I have been very happy ever since.

I was unsure who to use for my web hosting, and finally settled on GoDaddy, simply because it was the only one I knew about at the time. I wish I had found a site like Web Hosting Geeks, where they compare web hosting sites side by side and show you the positives and negatives of each. Based on several different factors, Go Daddy is number nine on their list. I, personally, only used them to purchase my domain name. I still use Blogger for my blogs, and I am happy this way. It took me too long to figure them out, and I have no desire to drive myself insane trying to figure out something different. I hate change, and am a creature of habit.

Now, if you are thinking about web hosting, make sure you check out Web Hosting geeks. Seeing the opinions of other users can help you make an informed decision about which web host is right for you.

No comments: