Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Family Tradition

Author: Joseph Sandoval

One of my favorite hobbies is definitely knitting. I've been knitting since I was about about five years old and I've gotten progressively better as the years pass. I knit just about anything, from hats and scarves to booties and socks. I recently tried knitting a sweater but I wasn't happy with the way it came out. I guess I'm not a knitted sweater type of girl. I use an assortment of different yarns to create my crafts. One of my favorite yarns to work with is that fuzzy type that really gives off a modern and retro appeal. Once in awhile, I'll even knit things for my family members.

It's actually become a tradition in my family to get together during the holiday season and sit and watch BestChoiceTV while knitting. My mother, grandmother, and I all gather around the living room and just begin knitting our hearts out. My grandmother is fantastic at the hobby. She has been doing it for over sixty years and you can really tell that she's good at it because of the crafts she comes up with. If you want something knitted, she can knit it. It doesn't matter what it is. Maybe someday in the future I can be just as good as her or maybe even better. It's amazing how relaxing knitting can really be.

No comments: