Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tea, Sweet Tea, Iced Tea...Too Many Teas!

I remember as a little girl, going to my Grandma's house, and watching her drink tea. My sister and I always begged her to try some, but it wasn't until we were a little older that she finally let us.

I hated it. In fact, I am not too fond of any type of tea. I know, living in the South and I don't like sweet tea. People look at me like I am insane. But, growing up in NY, when people asked for tea, they got hot tea. When I first moved down south, I got a job at Hardee's. I will never forget the first time a customer asked for tea, and I handed him a cup of hot water and a tea bag. It was more than embarrassing having him tell me that in the South, tea or sweet tea means iced tea.

Who knew?

I keep hearing about the benefits of drinking white tea, but I just can't do it. I do, however, usually keep tea in the house, because Junior and the kids love it. They can go through a couple of gallons a day. Ryan has taught himself how to make it, so at least that lightens my load.

Maybe I should teach him how to clean the bathroom properly, so he can do that for me, too.

No comments: