Monday, August 31, 2009

The BEST Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe I Have Ever Found

I have never been able to find a great peanut butter cookie recipe. In fact, I have been using a bagged mix for years. Every "from scratch" recipe I try comes out dry and un-peanut butterish.

In a recent Woman's Day magazine, I found a recipe that looked pretty good, and it was so simple. In fact, there were only 5 ingredients in the cookie itself...peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs, baking soda, and peanuts. That's it.

I tried making them today, and...I don't even have the words to describe how good they are. The recipe said to make a chocolate ganache, but I didn't have heavy cream or chocolate. I did, however, have some meltable white chocolate and cocoa powder, so I made my own chocolate sauce.

Oh, it was like a mouthful of heaven, I'm not kidding.

Here's the recipes:

2 cups peanut butter
2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2tsp baking soda
1 cup chopped peanuts

Throw it all in a bowl and mix until combined. Mine never really combined until I got my hands in the and started making balls, but it didn't matter. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on the pan before moving them to a cooling rack. You can add chocolate on top, or leave them plain. They are delicious either way!

4 comments:

Mrs. Carney said...

Thanks for sharing- I'm not a big fan of PB but TJ LOVES PB cookies. I plan to bake a batch and surprise him tomorrow! =)

KAT said...

Oh Jenn.....my mouth is watering over here for those cookies!! I love peanut butter!! Man, I wish we lived closer!!

Take care,
Kat

p.s. you could always send me some?? LOL :)

Kristin said...

I love me some PB cookies!! I am for sure going to try these!! Yay!

Tammy said...

I'm going to make these they look soooooo gooooood!