Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Why I Love Playing Jak

I love playing video games. I know it's a little odd that a 37 year old woman can spend hours in front of the television, trying to find precursor orbs and fighting crimson guards. Yup, I'm talking about Jak. It all started years ago when my mother gave Ryan Jak and Daxter for Christmas. Two minutes in, and I was hooked. When the second installment came out, Jak II, I wanted it immediately, but it's price tag prevented me from buying it right away. As soon as the price dropped, I was playing, and I have to say, it is my favorite of the three. When the third one came out, I said screw the price, and bought it immediately. They rounded out the series with JakX, a racing game that is fun, but not very challenging.

Like I said, Jak II is my favorite. It took me a while to figure out how to pass some of the levels, but I never lost interest. There is this one board where you are strapped into a car on rails, and you have to shoot and kill all these flying bad guys. It took me days to pass this level the first time, but now I can do it quite easily. My son even asks me to pass it for him when he plays. In fact, there are quite a few levels I have to do for him. I don't mind, though. It's fun.

The thing I like most about the Jak trilogy is that it tells a story. The characters start out young, and by the third game, the are more mature, and the story comes to an end, answering questions you didn't know you wanted answered. The challenges get harder, and much more frustrating, with each installment. I have completed each game, but have yet to find all the orbs on Jak 3. There are just too many! I would love to find a cheat that tells me where each orb is located.

My review of the games does not do them justice. You can check out better reviews of these games, and tons of others, at X-Play.Unknown-2
I am now ready to get a Playstation 3, because while looking for these pictures of the games, I found that there is a Jak IV for PS3. I have got to get my hands on that game!
Post?slot_id=43884&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: