Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ironman In Branson

My husband loves to watch the Ironman competition on television. It's one of the few things he will sit and watch, so I know he enjoys it. I just found out that on September 19, 2010, the inaugural race will take place in Branson, Missouri. I would love to be able to be there so Junior can watch the competition.

We could stay at the Hilton Branson Convention Center, and be right across the street from the Fountains of Branson Landing, which is the finish line for the competition, as well as where the awards ceremony will take place. The competition will begin with a 1.2 mile swim in Table Rock Lake, which is one of the beautiful lakes in the area. Then the competitors will bike 56 miles through the Ozark Mountains, and finish with a spectator friendly 13.1 mile run. Just thinking about this makes me tired.

I know Ryan would be right there with Junior, soaking in the competition, but it is not something the girls and I would enjoy. We would probably check out the shops and restaurants, and maybe take a trip to an amusement park. That's the best part of vacationing in Branson; there is something for everyone.
Post?slot_id=44816&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: