Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Joys Of Camping

Almost every year, Junior and I take the kids camping.  We usually go to the same camp ground, and we try to always get the same camp site.  If any of you are regular campers, you know there are good sites and there are bad sites.  The camp site we like is right on the water, with a little beach where the kids can walk right into the water to swim.  Some of the sites have a drop to the water, and we try really hard to avoid those.

A couple of years ago, my mom gave us an awesome tent for Christmas.  Last year when we camped, the kids and I slept in it and Junior hooked up an air conditioner to it.  I didn't think it was possible to do that.  I always assumed that only motorhomes could keep you cool while camping, but I was wrong.   We slept so good in the cool tent, I didn't mind that I was sleeping on the ground.  Well, maybe I was sleeping on an air mattress on top of couch cushions, but still.  I wasn't in a bed, and I still slept like a baby.

We are hoping to camp again this year.  I love being able to get away, and not have to worry about anything.  We're just hoping that this year, Kasi stays out of the fire pit.

No comments: