Thursday, May 6, 2010

School Is Almost Out For The Summer

I can not believe that the kids only have three weeks of school left.  Their last week is three full days and two half days, which makes no sense to me, but it is what it is.  I am looking forward to sleeping in and spending time with three of my favorite people on earth.

And as mush as I am looking forward to it, I also know that Summer break will go by too fast.  Before long, Brandi will be in third grade, Kasi will be in eighth grade, and Ryan will be in ninth grade.  Ninth grade, and old enough for his learners permit.  It scares me to death to think about him operating a vehicle, and I will most likely make him wait until I think he is ready.  Who cares when the law says he can drive.  I am his mother, and he will wait until I think he is responsible enough.

The things I am dreading the most about a new school year, though, are the PTO fundraisers.  They are always the same things, year after year.  I wish they would come up with something new.   I know there are a variety of fundraising products available, they just have to look for them.   I know what you are thinking, too. That I should join the PTO and voice my opinions.  Let me assure you, that will not happen.  I am way too shy and self-conscience for that.  I may send them a letter, though, letting them know about Fast Track Fundraising .  

It is time to stop the years of trying to sell over priced wrapping paper and candy, and try something new.

No comments: