Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Shopping On Black Friday Is The Best

Guest post written by Rolf Tate

It's the first day of the Christmas shopping season. Stores put everything on sale at phenomenal prices. Okay, the traffic is snarled and the people are militant, but there's a reason for that. Women drive the economy; it's a statistical fact. It's women who shop on Black Friday and women who buy most of the Christmas decorations and presents. So you crawl through the crowds with your purchases clutched to your chest and actually make it to the checkout.

But I got the deal of the century on a new coffeepot. I was in Kohl's and saw a black twelve cup Mr. Coffee coffeepot for twenty dollars. The sale price knocked it down to fifteen. At the register, unbeknownst to me, was yet another discount and so I got a great coffeepot for eight dollars! I put the coffeepot in the car and went back in to get a gift for my three year old granddaughter.

I happened across a set of blocks with letters and numbers to help my daughter teach her to count and teach her the alphabet. The set was ten dollars but with the discount at the register, I got the set of blocks for four dollars! I just love Kohl's!

As I watched satellite TV that I got after seeing this Directtv comparison, I was very thankful to be home with few bruises.

No comments: