Monday, September 14, 2009

Security Training

I worked as McDonald's as a teen. I eventually became a store manager, and I still remember how serious the store was about security. At night, we all had to leave together, and though we didn't have Security Consultants come in and explain things to us, there was a certain procedure that needed to be followed. All except one manager went to the door. The remaining manager would set the alarm, and the other manager would open the door, and everyone would go out. The manager that set the alarm would have to run to get out, because I think we had about 30 seconds to lock the door before the alarm sounded.

Nowadays, there are security guards that patrol fast food parking lots. This is a pretty decent way to make a living if you can get your foot in the door. You can take California Guard Card Training and firearms training in Los Angeles if you want to break into the business. It sounds like I am talking about show business, but as with most things, it's easier to get a job if you have a little schooling, or training, for the position. I couldn't be a security guard myself, because I don't think I have it in me to shoot someone.

Junior might be able to, though. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing!

No comments: