Friday, January 29, 2010

Bedroom Redo

I think Junior and I have finally decided on a house. I don't want to give too much away, because we still have to come up with the deposit before someone else, but let's just say it is pretty much exactly what we are looking for. I can not tell you how excited I am that it has three bedrooms.

For the past 18 months, we have been living in a two bedroom apartment. Ryan has his own room, and the girls have a room. I sleep in the girls room, in bed with Brandi, and Junior sleeps on the couch. Now, even when we move, Junior will still sleep alone, because of his c-pap machine. But, it is going to be so nice to have a bedroom to ourselves again.

I am looking forward to decorating our new room. I have two dressers and a night stand, but my bed is just rails and a box spring/mattress. I would love to find a headboard that matches the rest of the furniture, but who knows. I may end up looking into leather beds, to give the room a more modern flair. The dressers I have used to belong to my parents, and they have been divorced for more than 10 years now, so you can imagine how old this stuff is, because they had it for a while before they split.

The dresser in Ryan's room used to be Junior's when he was a kid, and he is 43 now. I guess you could say that all of our bedroom furniture has character. I think that's better than saying it is all old as dirt. Maybe we all need new beds and dressers. If only we could win the lottery...

No comments: