Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Real Estate Tax Benefit

I have heard a lot lately about this home owners tax credit, and to be honest, I didn't really know what it was all about. The only thing I did know was that if you bought a house last year, you would get an $8000 tax credit.

Junior and I had our taxes filled out last week, and the lady doing it asked us if we had bought a home, or were planning to buy a home in the next few months. I told her that no, we couldn't afford to buy a house right now, and she said that was too bed, because they had extended the deadline to qualify until the end of April of this year, as long as you closed before the end of June. She said a lot of people are qualifying for the Real Estate Tax Benefit, and it's too bad that we didn't.

Yeah, that's too bad.

We are going to spend another couple of years throwing money away on rent, but what can we do? Hopefully some day soon we will be able to afford to buy a house.

Hopefully.

If you did buy a house last year, make sure you know everything about this tax credit, especially if you file your own taxes. Check out this video, which shares all the details.


Junior and I may not have qualified for this house credit, but we did qualify for some other things. Thankfully we will be getting enough of a refund to get us out of our financial mess, which means that come March, I will be a little less stressed.

I like less stress.

No comments: