Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What Resolutions?

It's January 6, 2010, and I still have not made any resolutions for this year. I am actually thinking of skipping that whole tradition. I know I should resolve to eat better, exercise more, lose some weight, and maybe finally go on that date with Keith urban that I keep putting off...

Okay, so that last one is maybe more of a dream than a resolution, but the rest are all related to, in one way or another, how fat I am. And to be honest, that is not something I want to focus on this year. Sure, I could go have a gastric band put in, or join Weight Watchers or something. But, since I have just recently decided to embrace who I am no matter what I look like, which, by the way, was a huge step for me, I don't want to spend the next 365 days focused on my weight.

I have, in the past 6 months or so, lost 42 pounds, by doing nothing other than eating less. I am going to try and add exercise to the mix (I say try because I always have the best intentions, but it never seems to work for me...I am entirely too lazy) and am hoping to invest in not only the wii fit, but the biggest loser wii game as well. I am a huge video game freak, and have a feeling that I can really get into working out with the games.

But, back to my resolutions. If I had to make one, I would say that I want to spend this year making happy memories with my family. I want my kids to know that they are loved and cherished, and I want my husband to feel the same way. I want to make enough money each month to help take the burden off of Junior, so he can learn how to relax, because I am pretty sure over the last 18 months he has forgotten how to do that. As for me, I want to continue being happy with who I am. I want it to not matter to me what other people think, and I want it not to hurt my feelings when I am excluded from things.

Not too much to work on, right? lol!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Good luck with the resolutions, Jenn.. they are not your average resolutions.. I mean, they are thoughtful and life-enrichening..and I hope you rock them!