Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ryan Wants A Truck

Junior and Ryan had a great time at the Monster Jam show last night. They made it home safely around 11pm, through all the ice and snow. They said there were a lot of empty seats in the arena, because most people didn't venture out into the winter storm.

Not my guys, though, They were determined to have a good time, and they did.

For a while now Ryan has been talking about buying a truck, and seeing all the big ones last night just reinforced this dream. Of course, his truck would have to be street legal, so all the "upgrades" would have to be kept to a minimum. I heard him and Junior discussing the things he could put on a truck, and I think they decided the first thing he will need is an air intake, which will increase his fuel economy. This is a good thing, because as a new driver, he will have a high insurance bill, and spending less on gas would help him save a little money. They were also discussing the benefits of a performance chip, but I think this is something a teen aged boy's car just doesn't need. I am nervous enough with him driving, I don't need him breaking speed limits and such. I did agree to let him have a cat back exhaust because I know that those are "in" right now. Of course there were other things they were debating, but to be honest, after a few minutes of car talk, I kind of tune it out.

I mean, there is only so much this girl can handle when it comes to boys and their toys.

No comments: