Thursday, June 10, 2010

Where To Go On Vacation

How do you decide where to go on vacation?  Like most people, I have a destination in mind if I ever win a dream vacation contest.  I would want to go somewhere with crystal clear water at it's beaches, with temperatures in the low 90's all the time.  It would have to be somewhere I could drive to, because there is no way I would ever get on a plane, so Hawaii is out. 

Realistically, I could see loading up my family and driving north, then spending a few days in New York Hotels.  My kids have been bugging me about seeing The Statue Of Liberty, so we would check that out while we're up there.  I also want to take them to the top of the Empire State Building.  I remember the first time I went there as a child.  I was petrified to go up. Once we got to the top, though, my fears disappeared because it was so beautiful. 

We also have the option of going west, and visiting some Las Vegas Hotels.  I just worry that there won't be much for the kids to do, because none of them are old enough to gamble just yet.

I guess we could also go south, and stay in Orlando Hotels.  We could visit Disney, and Sea World.  I also have family in Florida I haven't seen in a while, so we might find a way to do a mini family reunion of some sort.  No matter what we decide, I think we'll have fun just being together.

Or at least that is what I am hoping.

No comments: