Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Think I Need My Eyes Checked

 I have been having way too many headaches lately.  Yesterday, my head started hurting as soon as I got out of bed, and it didn't stop until sometimes last night while I was sleeping.  Nothing I did, or took, seemed to help.  I tried ibuprofen, migraine medicine, a hot bath, and even sitting in the dark, but nothing helped.  I think it might be time to have my eyes checked, because I know eye strain can cause headaches.

It's been a few years since I have had an eye exam, so I guess I am due.  I have been thinking about trying out contacts again, but I'm not sure.  Back in high school, when I went for my first eye exam, I got contacts.  I wore them for about a day, and couldn't stand them.  I went back and got a pair of glasses. 

The thing about the contacts was that I couldn't get past the fact that I had something stuck in my eye.  Nowadays, I know they make all kind of disposable contacts, and ones that can be left in your eyes for days.  I was reading that air optix aqua contacts can be left in for up to six nights.  That seriously freaks me out a little.  I know it's an irrational thing, and I am hoping that I can get past it so that I can get rid of these glasses.

The only way to do that is to try and wear contacts again.  Wish me luck.

No comments: