Monday, September 20, 2010

Reasons Why Ryan Will Not Be Driving Any Time Soon

 Ryan's birthday is in about six weeks.  He will be turning 15.  He thinks he will be able to start learning how to drive. 

He is mistaken.

Junior and I talked about it, and he agrees with me that Ryan just isn't ready to be behind the wheel of a car.  It's not just the high cost of insurance or the thought of having to deal with The March Group Complaints that is holding us back.  We both agreed that Ryan isn't mature enough yet to be a responsible driver.  As much as his medicine helps him control his ADHD, he still has problems with impulse control, and I don't think that is a good thing for a driver.  I also want him to take a drivers education class.  And a defensive drivers class.  And any other type of class they offer to young drivers.  He also has to prove to me that he can keep his grades up, and judging by the progress reports he brought home today, he is a long way from that.

Just because the law says he is old enough to drive doesn't mean I will let him. 

No comments: