Thursday, February 4, 2010

Getting Booted While Dropping

I have excellent internet service, most of the time. There have been a few times when I have been doing something semi important (like playing games) and all of a sudden I am booted offline.

I hate that!

Just last week, I was dropping ecards, and all of a sudden, I was booted. Now, for those who drop, you know how frustrating this can be. I had several tabs open, and I was chain dropping. This means that most of the tabs that were open, I got to through someone else's blog. When I got back online, I had to start over again, and click through the same blogs to get to where I was. Not only was this a waste of my time, but it was really annoying. Dropping usually takes me about an hour and a half on a good day. Getting booted and having to get back online takes even more time. It had me wishing that I had satelite high speed internet that was reliable. It's so much easier to drop when I am uninterrupted.

Dropping is also really boring, especially when the blogs you are dropping on haven't updated in a while, and you have nothing new to read. I think there should be a rule or something, that if you don't post at least once a week, you should lose your ecard widget. Maybe that would make dropping a little more interesting.

No comments: