Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Refuse To Be Bullied!

I wrote a post on my other blog about a situation that has come up with a purchase I made on etsy. You can read about it here. To sum it up, I ordered something that had free shipping, and now that the seller has mailed it, she wants me to reimburse her for the shipping. Patrice left a comment on the post I did, advising me not to pay. I was thinking the same thing, but was afraid I would come off as the bad guy. Having had time to think about it, I have come to the conclusion that this seller is pretty ballsy. She is trying to guilt me out of money, because she didn't price her merchandise properly. I know it's only a dollar or two, but that isn't the point. If she agreed to free shipping, then I shouldn't have to pay.

And I'm not going to!

3 comments:

DVArtist said...

Stick to your guns!!!! I have had an online store since ebay first started. I have been on etsy for years and have an artfire store. I also had a brick n mortar in the way back when. I find that people think, "Oh I will open an on line store." with out thinking it through. With out taking the time to research pricing, or what the time is involved, or do I charge for packing material. But most of all they don't think of the legal ramifications of advertising. If you advertise free shipping then ask, for the shipping cost that is false advertising and it is against the law. OK so we are talking about a few bucks shipping. Not the point. She advertised she legally is responsible.

OK that is my rant for the day. LOL

Nicole/Beadwright

Anonymous said...

Refer to my comment on the original post :)

Kristin said...

Good for you..and you know.. it sounds like she shipped it before you paid for the "extra" cost of shipping, without even giving you the choice, so that is pretty forward of her to think that you would just pay anyway.. Nope, you are totally not obligated - morally or otherwise!