Monday, April 5, 2010

Cookies And Magazines

This is my favorite elephant magnet that hangs on my fridge. When Ryan was in second grade, he drew this picture in art class. As a fundraiser, you could order your child's artwork on all kinds of things, from mouse pads to magnets. I have ten different magnets, made by Ryan, Kasi, and Brandi at different ages.

Now that the kids are older and Brandi has changed schools, they no longer do this particular fundraiser. They have different fundraising ideas. One of the most popular ones was the cookie dough one. I didn't have any extra money at the time, but I have heard that the cookies were delicious. They also do magazine fundraising in all the schools. For this one, the kids bring home a booklet that I have to fill with 10 addresses, so that the school can send a book of magazine subscriptions to each address, hoping they will get an order from at least a few of them. It is really hard coming up with 30 different address, so I usually put the same ones in all three booklets. I know this is cheating, but it's the best I can do. I just hope that their Grandmother, who gets three separate booklets, can find some money to devote to philanthropy. I am waiting to see what types of fundraising they do next year, and I hope it is something different.

It will be a nice change of pace from magazines and cookie dough.

No comments: