Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Want To Own A Home Someday

I think it's healthy for people to have dreams.  I also think you have to have a plan to accomplish them.  My one dream is to own a home.  Junior and I have basically been renting since we got married.  We did spend five years in a house we thought we were buying, only to get taken for a ride.  Never trust family.  Always get everything in writing.  That's all I'm saying.

One day, though, Junior and I will buy our own place.  I don't want something new, either.  I want a house that I can fix up the way I want it.  If I decide that I want to put san diego hardwood flooring throughout the entire house, than that is what Junior will do.  Did you notice how I said Junior will do it?  There are a lot of things in can do myself, like hanging san diego window blinds, but floors are one of the few things I will not touch.   I won't even put down san diego laminate.  

I will, however, paint the walls.  The one thing I hate about where we live right now is that I am not allowed to paint.  All the walls, in the entire house, are beige.  It's almost depressing.  I have hung lots of pictures and shelves, so they don't look so bad.  My problem rooms are the bathrooms.  I don't know what to put on the walls in there.  When we own our own place, my bathroom will be purple.  My bathrooms have always been purple, no matter where we've lived.

If I had my way, I would paint the entire house different shades of purple.  I just don't think junior would go for that.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Hang onto that dream. I was a single mom of four when I bought my house. I worked really hard to accomplish that, but it was worth it.

Just keep envisioning it and working towards it and you will get there. :)

jenn said...

Marie ~ I hope so! We actually worked out a sort of time line, so I am hoping that will motivate us a little more.