Thursday, October 7, 2010

Know Your Breasts!

In honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I changed my profile picture on Facebook pink.  As someone who has had breast issues in the past, I know how scary it can be when something is wrong with your body.  Recently, I have been reading reports that say self breast exams are no longer encouraged because they haven't been shown to make a difference.  I completely disagree with that.  I think every woman should know her breasts, that way she can tell if there is something wrong.  And make sure you get your mammograms.  As much as I feared having one done, it really wasn't that bad.  If you are really afraid, take a friend with you.  Just make sure you get it done.  We all know that the best chance at beating Breast cancer is finding it early.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

This is such a sweet pic!