Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Backpacking Around Europe?

How many of you dreamed of traveling the world after high school? You see it in lots of movies and television shows, where the lead character will put off college for a year or two so they can backpack around the world. My question is, does anyone actually do this?

I ask because I wonder what the experience must be like. Staying in far away places must be so exciting, where you can learn the culture and language of other people. It's probably how foreigners feel when they come to the United States and stay in fancy New York Hotels. I would love to experience the cuisine of different countries. I watch enough Food Network to know that there are some interesting culinary practices around the world.

I guess the big question is whether or not I have the courage to get on the plane and take that first step. Because let's face it, I am not the backpacking type.

No comments: