Thursday, March 18, 2010

What Is My Biggest Regret?

Ryan asked Junior and I this question the other night. Junior was quick to answer, saying he wished he had done better in school, that way he would have a better job right now.

I couldn't answer. I told Ryan that every decision I ever made has made me the person I am today, so how could I regret becoming who I am? He seemed to take that as an answer, and off he went.

But I can't stop thinking about that question. What is my biggest regret? It has been weighing heavily on my mind, and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I think I should have an answer.

I just don't.

Are there decisions I wish I had made differently in the past? Sure.

Do I wish I had quit smoking before I was pregnant? Sure.

Do I wonder what life would have been like if I had never moved down South? Sure.

But do I regret any of it? No, I don't think so.

Can you answer this question?

1 comment:

DVArtist said...

I believe in your first answer. The past is the past and there is nothing we can do about it now. We are the people we are now because of the decisions we made. If regret is weighing on some one then change is needed now. Also hine sight is divine. There are things I may have done differently, however, I don't regret.
Nicole/Beadwright