Wednesday, March 17, 2010

When In Rome...

I have a big anniversary coming up this year. In June, Junior and I will be married for fifteen years. Some days it feels like we met yesterday, and some days it feels like we have been married forever. Today is one of those forever days.

I think it might be time for us to take a vacation, just the two of us. We have never been anywhere alone, except for our honeymoon. I would love to check out some Rome hotels for a romantic Italian getaway, but I am clueless about travel. Luckily I read an article that contained a bunch of tips to make an Italian getaway not only easy to plan, but affordable as well. There best tip seems to be booking early, and I am guessing that three months in advance isn't early enough to get a great deal on an awesome hotel room. Besides, I am afraid to fly. This means we would have to go somewhere we can drive to, so I was thinking of maybe booking a room in the hotel where we stayed on our wedding night. The problem there is that the hotel is no longer in business. It is now an apartment complex.

Maybe I'll just ship the kids to my mom's for the night, and Junior and I can enjoy some alone time. It's been a while since we have had some of that, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should go for the vacation!