Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Joys Of Pregnancy

I have three children. I remember when I was pregnant the first time, almost fourteen years ago, I read every book about pregnancy I could get my hands on. My mother was constantly offering advice, and I wish I had listened, especially when she told me how hard it was to lose baby weight. I gained so much weight with Ryan, and I am still carrying it around. I should blame that my lack of exercising and the fact that I love food, but that's besides the point. It was when I was pregnant with Brandi, my youngest, that I first realized pregnancy could cause Bladder Control Problems. Most women experience this towards the end of pregnancy, whenever they laugh or sneeze. I wasn't that lucky. I would wet myself just walking. I remember one time getting out of the shower, and I thought my water had broke. Turned out I had just peed on myself. That was an embarrassing call to the doctor, I can tell you that. I never got to the point where I needed an external catheter though, which was a good thing. I was having enough problems. I got so big with her, that I would lose my balance and fall. The first time it happened, we were pumpkin picking, and I just fell over. I scared the snot out of Junior. The last time it happened, right before Brandi was born, he didn't even bat an eyelash. He just helped me up, and laughed at me. In fairness, I was laughing, too. When I told my OB, she said I shouldn't walk unless someone was walking beside me. Brandi ended up weighing 9 pounds, 13 ounces at birth, and I was so happy to be able to walk alone, without peeing on myself. I'm telling you; it's the little things in life that make me happy.

No comments: