Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Dog Litter Box? Why Not.

Look at that face!  I don't think there is anything cuter in the world than a puppy.  Okay, kittens are cuter, but puppies come in second.  We always had a dog growing up.  My favorite, and the one I remember best, was my dad's Golden Retriever names Sadie.  I was probably 12 or so when he got her, and I was married when she had to be put to sleep. 

My husband and I have tried a couple of times to have a dog, but I just don't have the patience for it.  Or I should say, I didn't have the patience required to housebreak a puppy.  I could not stand having pee and poop on my carpet.  We always found good homes for the dogs we had, and sometimes Junior talks about getting another dog.  Brandi is afraid of dogs, which makes it even more difficult now, but he seems to think that if she is around dogs enough, she'll get over her fear.  I'm not sure I agree, which means for now, we are not getting a dog.

But, for future reference, how did you go about housebreaking your puppy?  There is so much information on this subject out there, and sometimes it is hard to know what works and what doesn't.  I mean, I was reading about a dog litter box, and was a little skeptical, but then I realized that it probably works just like those training pads do.   It's just a matter of teaching the dog to use it.  I was reading Dog Toilet Testimonials, and people really seem to like this.  

I guess if a cat can use a litter box, so can a dog.

No comments: