Friday, July 23, 2010

Seriously, I Love This Website

A couple of weeks ago, I made meatloaf.  I have been using the same canned meatloaf mix for a while now, but the past two times I have made it, it has been horrible.  This last time, the texture was so bad, I had to throw every bit of it away.  I can only assume they changed the ingredients in the canned mix, because I did nothing else different. 

Since I will no longer use this mix, I need to find a new recipe.  I was thinking of trying to make a meatloaf from scratch, so I went in search of an easy recipe to follow.  I ended up finding a BBQ meatloaf recipe on FoodConnect.com that I can not wait to try.  It sounds delicious, and I'm not just saying that because I have a slight addiction to BBQ sauce.
This is the first time I have been on FoodConnect, and I am seriously loving this site.  Not only do they have a ton of recipes to look through, they also have a section called FoodConnect Events, where you can find out if there are any food related events going on in your area.   It was through this site that I found out the is a Watermelon Festival in North Carolina this weekend that my kids would love going to.  I am going to have to ask Junior if it is close enough for a road trip.

You can also find restaurants in your area, and read reviews written by people who have eaten there.  You can also write about your own experience for other people to read.

I think this might be my new favorite website.  In fact, I think I am going print out that meatloaf recipe and add this site to my favorites.  I have to make it easy to find, because I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time there.

No comments: