Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Feeling Better

Monday and Tuesday were rough days for me this week.  I woke up feeling like I couldn't breathe on Monday, and it just got worse as the day went on.  I ended up with a touch of a stomach virus, I think, and spent most of yesterday in bed.  Thankfully, I am feeling better today.  I have no idea how people who get sick all the time handle it.  I know I am a baby when it comes to being sick, and I would hate to feel like that all the time.

I am hoping the kids and Junior don't get whatever it was that I had.  It would be especially bad if Junior got sick, because when he is sick, he finds it hard to sleep using his bi-pap.  He needs a new one, too, I think.  I need to check out some medical equipment manufacturers and see if I can find a new one for a reasonable price.  The one he has now cost about $2,000 about ten years ago, so I hate to think about how expensive new ones are now.  Back then we had insurance, and they paid for the machine.  We will have to pay full price for a replacement.

I don't know how other people pay for san diego medical equipment without the assistance of medical insurance.  I am sure that even used ekg machines cost a small fortune.   With a little luck, Junior may just need an adjustment to the settings on his machine, and not a new one.  That will cost a good bit of money, too, but not as much as replacing it.

No comments: