Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rearranged

One morning last week, I decided to rearrange the furniture in my living room.  My desk is in the corner of the room, and when I sat at the computer, my back was to the rest of the room.  This made it hard to watch television or even talk to anyone else who happened to be in the room.  Ryan helped me turn my desk around, so I can now look beside my computer screen and see the rest of the room.

There are a couple of problems with this, and I think I may need to check out some furniture stores san diego to find a solution.   The first problem is lighting.  My desk is a hutch type piece of furniture, and it blocks out the light from the rest of the room.  I was looking at lamps san diego and found a pretty cool floor lamp, which would be perfect.  I liked a couple of their regular lamps, too, but I don't have enough room on my desk for one. In fact, there is barely enough room on my desk for my keyboard.

The second problem I have is that now that I am facing the television, I am watching way too much of it.  I am finding it hard to get my work done everyday.  When the kids were in school, I didn't even turn the television on during the day.  Now that the kids are home, the television is always on.  Most of the time I don't even like what is on, but I find it to be such a distraction.  Maybe I should look at some del mar furniture, and find a new desk.  I could get one that could sit sideways in this room, so that my back wasn't to the room, but I wouldn't be able to see the television.  
Or maybe I should just send the kids to their rooms to watch television when I have to get some work done.

No comments: