Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Miss Crafting

This is supposed to be my craft blog, but I have not been doing anything crafty lately.  The other night, the kids and I sat and painted some Christmas ornaments, but that has been about it.  I remember when I used to crochet all the time, and make my signs.  In fact, I still have to make room name signs for three of my nieces, and for the baby my sister has in January.  I just can not find the time lately to do any of it.

I think it was almost two years ago that I opened my etsy store.  I closed it a month or two later, because I never did get the hang of it.  I never needed product packaging services because I hardly sold anything.   My store was filled with my "welcome" and "name" signs, and they were really cute.  I just didn't know then that you shouldn't list everything at one time, and that you had to re-list every couple of days to stay current in the listings.  I know these things now, but I don't have the time now.  Or the product.  I sold every last sign at a yard sale last summer.  All of my signs were hand carved and painted, so making more would be very time consuming.  It's not like I can hire a vietnam manufacturing company to make them for me.  

I am hoping that once the kids go back to school, I will find the time to be crafty again.  I miss it.  It relaxes me.  And maybe once I get a few made, I can order custom plastic printing shipping supplies to ship my signs in.

That's assuming, of course, that I sell some this time.

No comments: