Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Playing Guitar (Hero)

Today was the second day of the kids two+ week Christmas vacation. I have decided that we will get along better if I don't expect them to do anything, like clean their rooms or help out around the house. All they want to do is be lazy, and really, I can't blame them. School is tough, and they deserve a vacation. But, this will not last long. After Friday, I will need help packing up the tree and Christmas stuff, and the house. I want to get all the stuff we don't use everyday packed so I am not scrambling when it's time to move.

So what have we been doing the past few days? I have been trying, and failing, to get my online work done. You see, my son has been playing guitar hero, and I just have to play too, and beat him. It's fun to kick his butt!

In all fairness, though, he is really good. (I am just better) He believes in the "practice makes perfect" philosophy. I wish he would apply it to school work as well, but that's another battle altogether. He has been asking me to get him some real guitar lessons, and I am still trying to figure out the best way to learn guitar. Are private lessons the best way, or should we start with some type of video lesson? Can he learn better from books, or should he just try and play by ear? A friend of his is taking private lessons, and I am not all that impressed with his progress. Of course, it could just be that Ryan's friend is just a slow learner. I know whatever we decide, Ryan will put 100% into it, and be playing like a pro in no time.

No comments: