Saturday, December 5, 2009

An Unexpected Gift

It took me days to get all the ornaments onto my Christmas tree this year. I just couldn't get into the holiday spirit. But, we got it done, and all was good.

Today I got a phone call from a friend of Junior's. He asked if we wanted his old Christmas tree, because they were getting a new one. Now, their old tree is about three years old, and they are getting rid of it because it is a pre-lit one and the lights won't light. (this is something Junior could easily fix, but i like my twinkle lights anyway, so no big deal) I was prepared to put the new tree away, and use it next year.

Oh, if only I got my way. Right now the kids are taking the ornaments from one tree and putting them on the other. I am staying out of the way. But, I am sure that before long, they will get bored, and i will be left doing all the work.

At least that is what usually happens.

No comments: