Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Did You Watch?

The kids being home today was a mixed blessing. Granted, I was so ready for them to go back to school after a four day weekend, but since they were home, we sat and watched President Obama being sworn into office. I am not a political person, and my views on him are not relevant to the fact that history was made today. I wanted my kids to be able to say, years from now, that they watched the first black president being sworn in.

Ryan didn't really want to watch because he thought it was boring. The girls, however, listened intently as the ceremony progressed. They asked a few questions, which I answered to the best of my ability. We chuckled a little when President Obama forgot what he was repeating. I recited the Lord's Prayer while they were praying, and was shocked when I realized that my kids did not know it. I say shocked, but maybe that isn't the right word. I think I just assume they know these things, but I have never taken them to Sunday School or Church, so how would they? I am not being a very good teacher, and I need to change that.

I hope each of you were also a witness to the inauguration today. If you want to commemorate this occasion, you could buy an Obama inauguration signs. Each sign is 9.5 “ wide by 39 inches tall, and for the next ten days, you can get one for $9.99. This price includes free USPS ground shipping, and orders will be shipped within 24 hours of ordering. You do, however, have to pay by paypal or Google check out. This would be a perfect way to remember this historic day.
Post?slot_id=30900&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

in Trevor's school they had a TV set up and all the kids got to watch it. pretty amazing. :)

xoxox