Friday, January 9, 2009

My Home Office

Since I am doing more and more work from home, I have decided that I need my own little work area. Right now I just have my desk in the living room, with my computer and notebooks. This is fine when I am home alone, but when everyone is here, it gets loud quickly. When the television is on, I find it hard to concentrate on what I am writing. Add in three noisy kids and it's almost impossible to get anything done.

Unfortunately, the apartment is too small for me to put my desk anywhere else. But that doesn't mean that I can't make this little spot my own. I want to look into getting some recycled business cards and other eco-friendly office supplies. I have specific notebooks for each site I write for, but I have no system of filing or keeping track of the payments I get, except for a calender I write on. And it's handmade by me. Ryan even made me a handmade calender for Christmas, which I love, but I think I need something more task specific. Maybe a planner of some sort. I do know that I want to do my part to help our planet, so buying supplies made with recycled materials is important to me. Yes, they may be a tad more expensive, but it's a small price to pay to keep our planet healthy.

No comments: