Sunday, December 7, 2008

Belly Dancing

I have heard that dancing is a good way to exercise. It gets you moving, and it's fun. I know you can take pole dancing classes at some gyms these days, but that's just not my cup of tea. In fact, I don't think I could take any kind of dancing lessons in public. I would be too embarrassed. Luckily there are resources available where I could learn in my own home. I still don't think it would be pole dancing, but I would be interested in learning how to belly dance. I know there are Belly Dance Video Clips that could teach me the basics, and I could learn in the privacy of my own home.

I never knew there were so many different types of belly dancing. There's classic American belly dance, tribal belly dance, gypsy belly dance, and fitness belly dance, just to name a few. Within these dances, there are staccato and rolling hip moves, ribcage circles, and arm, shoulder, and head moves. You can start with the basics, and then move on to slow and fast moves. I have seen belly dancers, and they always look so graceful and seductive. Maybe, just maybe, I could be graceful and seductive, too, with a little help.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

belly dancing is very cool. i don't think i'd have enough rythym (sp??) to do it though. i LOVE to dance and will dance in public... only b/c I have so much fun that I could care less how i look doing it. :)

i'm going to check these out later.

xoxox