Saturday, December 27, 2008

Help Those Teens Learn

Are you the parent of a teenager? I am, but just recently. My son turned 13 in November. I'm not sure if age is a factor in this, but this year is the first time he has had trouble in school. The subjects are more specific, because he now changes classrooms throughout the day. Luckily, the district offers in school tutoring, so he does get some assistance, The problem is he could use more help. Brightstorm is perfect for helping High School aged children. They offer courses specific to each subject, like algebra and writing. They even offer SAT prep. This is a fun way for kids to get the extra help they need. You can sign up for a free brightstorm acocunt and check out a free episode of each course. This allows you to see before you buy, and I gotta say, once you see how fun and effective the courses are, you will not hesitate in buying them for your child. Let's face it, if the kids won't enjoy the programs, they won't do them. I have this problem with my son. If I ask him to do a math problem, it takes forever for him to get to the answer. But when I give him twenty dollars in the store, he can have it spent, right down to the last penny, in about two minutes. When it relates to him, he can do it.

I recommend you sign up for a free account so you can check out the programs they offer. This could be the thing that gives your child the assistance they need.
Post?slot_id=29863&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: