Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Crime Show Paranoia

Contribution by Kennith Griffin

I have always loved crime shows. Well, I did until it started to become a problem. I don’t know why I got so obsessed with them, but I did. Recently, there were several that affected me differently than they have in the past. I normally would just watch the show and when it was over it was over. I did not think about it again and nothing in the show ever crossed my mind. However, lately I have been walking around the house on edge. I keep thinking someone is going to jump through a window or knock down a door. I finally had to have home security install an alarm system. I know you are probably thinking I have lost my mind. Perhaps I need to see a therapist instead of have an alarm installed. Honestly, I never would have thought a simple television show would make me so paranoid to be in my own home. I would have never thought I could go from loving crime shows to fearing them, but this seems to be the path I am currently on.

No comments: