Wednesday, December 30, 2009

June 22, 2015

This June, Junior and I will be married for 15 years. Some days this is hard for me to believe, because it seems like only yesterday that he called to ask me for a date. Don't worry, I am not going to share the story of our first date again.

June 22, 1995. My wedding day. I was five months pregnant, and for the first time during the pregnancy, I had morning sickness. Or maybe it was just my nerves, who knows. We weren't having a "real" wedding because of the pregnancy. We were just going down to the courthouse with only family and a few friends in attendance. I never got to send out wedding invitations or have a bridal shower, and I kind of miss not being able to do those things. I wanted to have bridesmaids and wear a beautiful white gown. I still want to do those things, and I always said that on our tenth anniversary that I would do just that. But, that anniversary came and went, and now I have my fifteenth coming up soon, and I am not prepared. It is now my goal to have a wedding on my twentieth anniversary.

I am going to send out invitations from the kids, asking for friends and family to join them as their parents renew their vows. I want my girls to wear purple and be my bridesmaids, and my son to be the best man. Everything will be perfect.

I have five more years to plan this, and no more excuses.

No comments: