Thursday, December 31, 2009

Making Sugar Cookies

This year, I put the girls in charge of making their own cookies. I bought some bagged sugar cookie mix, handed it to them with a big bowl and a wooden spoon, and let them go at it.

They added the butter and egg, and started trying to mix with the spoon. After about thirty second, I saw little hands mixing the dough, and it came out perfect.

It was then time to get it on the cookie sheet, and start the decorating. They had a ball! They made some that had the sprinkles on the inside, and they called those their "surprise" cookies. They were delicious!

I am glad I let them do it all on their own, too. Next year they are going to want to try and do more, and I am going to let them. It will be interesting to see what they will want to make!

No comments: