Friday, July 23, 2010

Planning Next Year's Vacations

The kids have finally figured out that we won't be camping at all this Summer.  As much as we wanted to, financially, we just can't do it.  But, we are already planning next years family holiday, and it looks like we might be taking a few trips.  

I really want to visit an aquarium.  It has been too many years since I have been to one, and my kids have never been.  There is a big one in Atlanta, and I think that is where we are going to go.  Right now, we are planning a long weekend away in February, as long as it doesn't snow.  Brandi also wants to go to the beach, so we are trying to figure out the best time to go there, too.  I want to go in May, when it will be warm enough to swim, but too cold to be "in season", which means we should get a good deal on a hotel. 

We are also going to book a week at our favorite campsite for next Summer.  I figure if we book, and pay for, all of these trips in February when we get our tax refund, there will be no excuse not to go.  For the rest of this Summer, though, we will just continue to enjoy my mom's pool, and maybe squeeze in another mountain trip.

We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: